Friday 25 January 2008

workshop preps

I have been busy colouring samples for classes in the US in May - a bit scary for me, first time overseas and in such a big show situation. Here are some different versions of my Mini Lace class. These are based of course on the big Lace#2 quilt designed by my sister Tracey which we exhibited last year. I have another practise class down here soon with some friends, then its onto the real thing in Qld in March, then the US in May. Hermione of Lorien Quilting has digitised my design so Tracey can stitch it out on her Intelliquilter so all the students have to do on the day is have fun colouring and they have a beautiful quilted and Colourque'd panel to take home.. I havent yet done the background quilting yet so have some free motion quilting and binding to go.

This is the one they will be doing in class, using the same colours and type of pencil as in the original Lace#2.
This version has been done using watercolour pencils in two colours only.
Of course now I am playing with one in the inktense range just to show how it looks but I really dont think the design lends itself to 'brights' - I'll show you when Im done.

For my US readers, I am teaching at HMQS in Salt Lake City, then am off to Portland OR. I have a couple of spare days either side of both shows so if you are near and have a group or local store who may be interested I may be able to squeeze in a couple of extra classes. Just email me to see, I'd love to meet you in person.
anyway, back to work, talk later
hugs Helen

3 comments:

Rose Johnston said...

Gorgeous Helen! How exciting, a trip to the US, they will love u!!

Jo in TAS said...

Any places available for your practice class?

TMQG said...

HI Jo, maybe one or two, will email you the details...Helen