Monday 28 May 2007

Lace #2 - Paducah


for all that have asked for a photo of our recent quilt win here it is. This was designed and quilted as a complete wholecloth by Tracey (Browning, Constantine Quilts) and then Colourque'd by me. There were about 100 hours of design and quilting time and about 80 hours of colouring which was very difficult with a two year old to help. I needed about 2-3 hours solid to do a section and dvd's only last so long!!!! hence Matilda did partake in one small patch which Tracey obviously managed to get rid of, or the judges didnt see...

it won the Brother International wall quilt machineworksmanship award - ie. the best wall quilt made by machine.... Very unexpected but very exciting....

thanks so much to all who have emailed with congrats.... you know, there were 8 Australian quilts accepted in the show and I believe most of the quilters were present although I didnt catch up with them all. I have also heard that Elaine Dysons quilt (from TAssie too) won viewers Choice, well done Elaine, and I am sorry we didnt know you were there and arrange to meet up.

We were lucky to have Bronwyn vant hof staying with us - another Aussie with a magnificent double wedding ring in the show, as she had been the year before and knew all the places to go.... and navigated very well I must say.....


must go, lots for today....

H

No comments: