Tuesday 29 May 2007

Merrans Huggle Hearts

On Saturday I am giving two presentations at the Quilted Crow in Liverpool St Hobart. I am just showing my photos (assuming I get my laptop back and work out my new projector) of Paducah and US Trip and other goodies I collected on the trip. Whilst chatting I have asked participants to stitch a huggle heart for a dear friend of mine and her daughter. Merran, a healthy normal active 9 year old was recently diagnosed with Leukemia and struck down immediately turning their lives upside down. She and her family will be spending the next 6 months in Melbourne at the Childrens Hospital and although I know they are getting heaps of support from various charities, cancer support groups, family and friends and we have already made her a Snugglybug rug I am organising these huggle hearts to be made to hang in her room to remind her that we are all thinking and praying for her....

They are a very simple stuffed heart with a little verse or saying of hope, love and support written on in a permanent pigma pen. They will be strung together to hang as bunting or in a long string around her room.

If you'd like to help out with this project - and I am sure she will share them with all the other children she is getting to know over there, then just email me and I'll email you the pattern.

hugs to all

and remember , hug your kids and tell them you love them everyday...... every day is another day and anything can happen... dont waste today....

No comments: