Wednesday 30 May 2007

Meeting with Publisher

Next installment of my Colourque book..... When recently in Paducah I met with Nicole Chambers, editor of my new book with AQS. What a lovely lady she is and very down to earth. She has published her own books and patterns, has her own publishing company, teaches and vends across the US and now has taken up this challenging position, even if it means living in a little one bedroom unit for now.....


We had a 3 hour discussion on the content and layout of the book and many changes to my original manuscript were made. I now am not having the large gallery of quilts showing and explaining the extended versions of the technique - we are saving those for later. I have to design and make 3-4 smaller projects which would be suitable for stores to run smaller workshops or kits and for people who think the large baltimore quilt would just be beyond them. this is all in the name of widening the market the book could be attractive to. This actually means a lot less work for me and allows me to try to get it finished by the end July deadline in order for it to have a chance of release in Spring 08 (US time)...


So I have already stitched a mini version of the Baltimore blocks I will frame for a wallhanging and a small design for a small cushion. I have also coloured 20 times the same design to do some more intensive and logged testing of everything feasible someone may do with their colourque'd quilt or piece....


and I have started on the text and layout for the manuscript....

til then......

No comments: