Monday 17 December 2007

and the winners are....

Friday was the day for the drawing of the Stitching in the Valley raffle quilt. First prize was the queen size 'Sweet Charity' quilt made by all of my wonderful friends on our charity day and kindly quilted by Esmes of Launceston. The Fabric was donated by Lloyd Curzon Textiles.

The beautiful queen sized quilt with crazy patch blocks was won by Barb Phillips of Glenorchy. I hope this quilt wraps her in warmth and comfort as she struggles with some life challenges at this time - a more charitable and sharing person you could never meet.... I am so glad she won..
second prize was an Ottlight desk lamp valued at $369 donated by SSS - Sydney Sewing Supplies. It was won by Eileen Wilson of Murdunna..... a very happy recipient. Thankyou to SSS.
I havent yet tallied the final total but I think it would be around $400 raised for the Snugglybug project and local charity. This will be more than enough to keep us going.
This week also saw the presentation of Paddy's Snugglybug quilt. Paddy (not his real name) is a 9year old boy who was recently diagnosed with cancer and has a long struggle and lots of treatment ahead of him. The 9 block makers from across Australia, the assembler Pamela Jones of QLD and Hilary of Fairfield Quilting Old Beach Tasmania all gave their time and materials to make a difference and offer some comfort to wrap Paddy 'as snug as a bug in a rug' in his footy teams colours.

Now while I am being in such a giving mood I will draw the lucky two winners for the Homespun magazines so they may have a chance of arriving for Christmas. The two drawn numbers are 3 and 7 so that means commenters Janellybelly and Judy B of California (Judy, sorry dont think yours will make it in time.)

So please send me your addresses and I'll get them in the mail as soon as I can.

are you in a giving mood today? What nice things can you do today to make a difference? It makes you feel 'good' to give something back so I am having a great day here.

hugs to all

Helen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you ever so much Helen, this is the first time I have won anything from a blog competition.
Janelle xx