Thursday 10 April 2008

Where have I been?

I have been knuckling down trying to get some things done here. Only 3 weeks to go before leaving for the USA and I dont have a single pattern packed! arrrgghh, panic is starting to set in. As promised I have included some peeks at the two main projects I have been working on. The first is my Diametrically Deduced quilt using the inktense pencils. It is not finished but enough to send my entry in today. Not sure if I am completely happy with the end result but no time to start again....

Next is a peek at the blocks for Neenie's Garden. This is a new Hugs 'n Kisses Block of the month project supposedly ready to take to Quilt Market in 4 weeks and then to Sydney in June. A long way to go so watch this space for updates....it uses the lovely 'Sweet Escape' range so if you have some in your stash, hold onto it, its going fast from the stores...


Of course both projects although very different in style use a coloured pencil on fabric which makes the 'applique' very quick and fun to do...
back to it then...
hugs for today
Helen

5 comments:

Rose Johnston said...

Breathe!!! Both projects are amazing!!!! You will go to the US and knock them dead!!!! You give me the inspiration to keep going!!!
Have the greatest time!!!

alda said...

the second one is very nice, what a coloured pencil do you use for???
I saw so many coloured Stitcheries in Australia, but I didn't found the information for making.
alda

TMQG said...

Hi Alda, I have just used Derwent Artist pencils on the second quilt but you can use any normal quality coloured pencil. The softer the lead the easier it is to colour on the fabric. (the more expensive the pencil usually means softer lead!) have a go, its easy and fun. Helen

Jo in TAS said...

I love the colour combinations you've used, the US will be inspired by your work just like your Aussie following!

Rhonda said...

Beautiful! I did not know that you can use colored pencils on fabrics. How do you get it to be permanent?