Saturday, 21 July 2007

digitising

I have been asked so many times in the last few months about digitising my designs for embroidery machines that I finally gave in and did some research. I know nothing about embroidery machines, how they work, how the files work and how the designs are digitised but I have a couple of very experienced mentors who are advising me... I have just received some stitched out samples in applique, outline and fully filled versions. What do you think? What options do you think embroider's would like and use?? I am thinking of the outline version so they could still colourque and the fully filled version. It says it takes 21/2 hours to stitch this one girl - I could hand stitch it in that time almost!! but I guess its set and forget to a point and you have a machine and a thread collection then this is what you would expect.


So, any comments are most welcomed..... I have a big decision to make....


hugs


Helen

2 comments:

Pamela Jones said...

Dear Helen
LOVE your digitised girls - I like to combine machine embroidery / patchwork, especially for childrens quilts.
The artwork is delightful ! I would do the designs in both filled and redwork to suit different projects. Looking forward to seeing the sets
Regards
Pamela

Helen Stubbings said...

thanks Pamela, exactly the kind of feedback I need if I am to go ahead with this. Will keep researching. hugs Helen