Monday 23 July 2007

stitching in the valley

more organising and ordering for kits for my annual charity stitching day today. Have been finalising all of the projects this week, I hope the ladies will like them, they have a whole workshop collection here. Still waiting for promised fabric for the actual group charity quilt so cannot test that one yet..... For those of you who wonder how it works, it is similar to gatherings and friendship days held in every state but with a few differences. We all work one one block to make one quilt together first which is then raffled to raise funds for a chosen charity. This brings us together in the spirit of giving and sharing with others through our passion.

Then its onto their goody bags of patterns, kits and other goodies for the day. Inspirational speakers, entertainment and shopping, eating and chatting fill the rest of a wonderful day.

This is a huge commitment for me to organise, design and carry out each year with just the help of a couple of wonderful friends but it is my contribution to those less fortunate out there. And now that I have started it my ladies are not going to let me stop!


I've included a sneak peak at some of the projects for 2007. Bookings are now open with strictly limited numbers which are filling fast, so if you happen to have stumbled across this and wish to come, email now. I know we'll have another wonderful feelgood day.

hugs

Helen

No comments: