Wednesday 25 July 2007

school quilt







today was school quilt day again. We made some progress.
The lovely patient and encouraging Ruth took 4 perfect students and they stitched their quilt circles and turned them through. I took every child individually to transfer their 'funny photo' onto photo the old fashioned (and cheap) way with Turps. The range of abilities is very wide and I have to continue to be flexible with the finished idea. My worries will come when I have to somehow join the 28 mini quilts together and get it to hang sort of straight. It was lovely to see the enthusiasm from most still with their quilts out ready on their tables when we arrived hoping to be chosen as this weeks quilters.
I hope they are all learning at least something from this.... these kids certainly accomplished something today.
hugs
Helen


No comments: