Tuesday 11 September 2007

Mctavishing

I am very lucky to have a clever sister who is a Longarm quilter and very good at McTavishing. So, many of my wonderful quilts including all of the projects for my Colourque book have been "McTavished' by her. When making up a new design for a class project for Colourque I thought it was high time I had a go. Now I know I should have doodled on paper for a few weeks first, but not me, no boots and all, straight to the project...... I dont think it turned out too badly for a first effort. I am sure I can improve and develop my own style over time....

Oh if you dont know what McTavishing is - it is simply a free machine background quilting filler design developed by Karen McTavish - hence its name. My Daisy Dance quilt which was heavily McTavished (By Tracey) features in her book 'Mastering The Art of McTavishing' which was very exciting.


I then used the Golden Threads magic quilting paper and ironed an original design onto it to stitch onto the borders and then did a little more free machine quilting in the borders..... All on my Bernina baby which I have finally reaquainted myself with.....


mmmm...it was actually quite fun, think I'll play with this some more...


bye for now, hugs

Helen

No comments: